Spur Contributors believe that responsible stewardship of the land means more than just doing good work—it means making the most out of every donation we receive.
• Common sense use and enjoyment of pack and saddle stock in America’s backcountry and Wilderness areas is part of America’s heritage and legacy
• We have a job to ensure public lands remain open to recreational stock use for the benefit of all trail users, which includes our extensive national volunteer efforts to preserve and maintain trails
• In our duty to assist the various government and private agencies in their maintenance and management of public lands trails and resources
• We have a duty to educate, encourage, and invest in active participation by young leaders in the wise and sustainable use of the backcountry resource
• We can fulfill our goals best by building capacity of existing and new Back Country Horsemen’s organizations .